Recap and thoughts on WVU's 56-10 win over Eastern Kentucky, the rest of the Big 12 has itself a forgettable weekend, BTFfeaturing some ESPN trivia, and Can’t Believe My ‘Eers!
On this week's Got Your Eers On?, we recap WVU Football's 56-10 win over Eastern Kentucky where we got to see almost everyone on the roster, the rest of the Big 12 has a not so great start to the football season, BTF (featuring a look at Scoot's old stomping grounds), and Can’t Believe My ‘Eers! Join us for all this and more on this week's episode of Got Your Eers On?...!
Segment 1: WVU Football wins 56-10 over Eastern Kentucky
- Spread was 40... WVU covers!
- Zach Fraiser...Fairmont guy starting at center due to suspensions.
- That kid is going to be playing in the NFL.
- First True Freshman to start at Center I’m over 40 years.
- Five former Polar Bears suited up for this game, which will make Gweedoe proud.
- Coach Browns Likes his competitive spirit... says mature beyond his year... got lots of reps.
- In camp he went against Darius Stills every day during camp (Fairmont on Fairmont).
- 11 players suspended... No real reason given... non-covid related... violated teams rule.
- Leddie Brown having a nice game early (1 rush, 1 rec TD so far).
- Anything out wide kind of looks bad for this offense / O line.
- Special teams looks...interesting. Penalties and a near fumble from Sinkfield.
- EKU with some confidence in the 2nd qtr. some success with QB runs and then WVU D lost on a long td throw. WVU 21-7.
- Who are the folks in the stands? Not many, but I’m curious. Family and staff members. Sounds like we’ve piped in crowd noise (first down chants, etc).
- We did pipe in crowd noise... and 3rd down sounds.
- Missing Charles Hayes and his dancing!!!
- EKU coach has a "Hot Mic" situation.
- EKU had a 28 year old player on the field(?).
- Sinkfield running well, 2nd qtr TD. WVU 28-7.
- Takes the refs a while to figure (the many) penalties out.
- Farverus got some special teams time... and some penalties.
- EKU not great... Martinsburg might have been a better matchup this weekend.
- Receivers still waiting on long throw attempts?
- LOTS of EKU O Line penalties.
- Alonzo Addae with a great interception, which made ESPN's Top 10.
- Leddie Brown with another rushing TD. WVU 35-7.
- What are the "Juice Squad" signs?
- Another one said something like... "Let's Get Juiced"
- Ford-Wheaton td catch (after an almost great td catch the previous play). HALFTIME: WVU 42-7.
- They really wanted to get him a TD... 3 targets right in a row.
- Austin Kendall at QB to begin the 2nd half.
- Kendall looks like he’d rather be anywhere else.
- Kendall came in and really starting forcing passes... looked back.. trying to win job back.
- Ryan holding call and Sinkfield TD gets called back.
- Sinkfield with his 2nd rushing TD. WVU 49-10.
- Tony Mathis in at RB.
- Staley misses a 25 yard fg. WTF...SPECIAL TEAMS!!!
- By the end of the 3rd... we were pretty much all backups in the game.
- Garrett Greene in at QB. Gets unceremoniously slammed to the turf.
- YEAH BABY!!! Welcome to D1.
- Looks sharper and with way more energy than Kendall, imo.
- Looks like a jackwagon taunting EKU players. Coach Brown tells him to politely shut up.
- Lorenzo Dorr in at RB. And then immediately out.
- Mathis with a rushing td. WVU 56-10. Extra point barely makes it through. Not sure what’s up with the kicking today.
- After the win... 247 Sports has WVU playing in the Cheese-it Bowl vs Virginia Tech. (might be a little early for that).
Big 12 Blech
- Iowa State loses to Louisiana (The Ragin Cajuns) 31-14.
- ISU doesn't score in the 2nd half after being up 14-10.
- Brock Purdy (who we hear so many wonderful things about) goes 16/35, 145 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT. Yuck.
- Cajuns were 11-3 last year (ok, but two of those losses were to App State, and the 3rd was to Miss State). This isn't a team that should beat a Big 12 school seemingly easy.
- Does this change our pre-season thoughts on ISU (I think definitely).
- Kansas State loses to Arkansas State 35-31.
- Arkansas State scored with under a minute left to take the lead (if that helps any).
- Arkansas State was without 20 players, including 8 starters!
- Kansas State's biggest weakness seemed to be their pass defense (shocking), but it looks like their run game was very bad.
- Whatever question marks Kansas State had coming into the season just became exclamation points.
- Kansas lost to Coastal Carolina.
- Texas Tech almost lost to Houston Baptist.
- Final 35-33 (but most of those 33 from HBU came against the #2s.
- Oklahoma - Spencer Rattler looked awesome. Rs-Freshman.
- UVa vs VT postponed.
- Due to Covid issues at VT
- Notre Dame played Duke at home and students were in the stands.
- You know who looked bad on Saturday??? THE BigTen.
Segment 2: Bluff the Fluffs
Segment 3: Can’t Believe My ‘Eers!
URLs - Listen & Subscribe
Written with StackEdit.