WVU football looks ahead to Kansas, latest AP poll and too early bowl projection talk, Coach Huggs gives a "fireside patio chat", BTF featuring WV related movie trivia, and Can’t Believe My ‘Eers!
On this week's Got Your Eers On?, WVU football looks ahead to Kansas, the latest AP football poll and way too early bowl projection discussion, Coach Huggs gives a "fireside patio chat", Bluff the Fluffs features West Virginia related movie trivia, and Can’t Believe My ‘Eers! Join us for all this and more on this week's episode of Got Your Eers On?...!
- WVU vs Kansas week .. With 15K fans in the stands!!!
- WVU is 23 pt favorites! No way they cover!?!?!
Segment 1: Kansas Week
- Baylor got the Covid after they went back to Waco... and stopped football activities for a few days.
- They too are on a Bye week this week!
- Les Miles Tests positive for Covid19 and but they say he is coming to Morgantown...
- "As long as Coach Miles does not develop symptoms or have a fever, we anticipate he will be able to coach at the West Virginia game on Oct. 17." ~Jeff Long - KU AD
- Hubbard (4 star offensive lineman that transferred in over the summer) eligible for the remainder of the season.
- Brett McMurphy ranked his top 25 "teams that have played", and placed WVU #19.
- OK State is #7 in this week's AP poll.. Iowa State is #20 and KState is #22
- These aren't the Big12 team that are supposed to be in the AP poll!?!?!?!?
- Still Too Early Bowl Predications ... (even if we have bowl games).
- vs SMU at the Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl
- vs Kentucky in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl
- vs Arkansas in the First Responders Bowl
- vs Ole Miss in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl
- vs Georgia Tech in the Cheeze It bowl
- vs Indiana in the Catus Bowl
- It's not just the Big 12 that's playing poor defense...and I would argue that WVU is the only team actually playing any defense in the conference right now.
- In fact, I thought this was interesting: Tx Tech entered its game with Iowa State with the best 3rd down conversion % and left the game 0-10 on 3rd down conversions.
- This is true in the NFL too... was the lack of season preparation play a role? Conditioning? What is it?
Basketball - Coach Huggs Fireside Patio Chat!
- We are going to South Dakota for Thanksgiving... Duke backed out... but all the other teams stayed in and Duke is being replaced by Dayton Flyers.
- Ohio State, West Virginia, Creighton, Memphis, Utah, Wichita State, and Texas A&M.
- Dates and Name of the tournament are not yet confirmed, but expect to start Nov 25th, they are working on the TV side to announce things.
- Huggs confirmed in Presser.
- Huggs looks comfortable in this weeks presser!!! Nice Patio!
- Will Huggins keep the long hair and Duck Dynasty Look?
- Pitt game is postponed, it will not happen this year.
- Said that Emmet Matthews is a great leader... He and Culver.
- Huggs says that they have to play an NCAA tourney this season or the NCAA won't have enough money to exist.
- 3 Games in 3 Days without any scrimmages... Not Fair to the guys to play that much with lack of preparation.
- Must live next to our friend Knifeman...lots of trees getting cutdown in the background!!
- Richmond is now on the Non-Conference Schedule.
Segment 2: Bluff the Fluffs
- West Virginia related movie trivia!
Segment 3: Can’t Believe My ‘Eers!
URLs - Listen & Subscribe
Written with StackEdit.