WVU Football bounces back in dominant fashion against 16th ranked Kansas State, we look forward to a showdown in Austin against Texas, we have a basketball schedule!, BTF featuring presidential trivia, and Can’t Believe My ‘Eers!
On this week's Got Your Eers On?, WVU Football bounces back from the rough trip to Lubbock with a dominating win over 16th ranked Kansas State, we look forward to this weekend's matchup in Austin against Texas, the basketball schedule is out and we're excited!, BTF features some presidential related sports trivia in honor of election season, and Can’t Believe My ‘Eers! Join us for all this and more on this week's episode of Got Your Eers On?...!
- Biggest win over a ranked team since the 2012 Orange Bowl.
- Defense...Defense...Defense.... Great pressure, and play hard, even through mistakes.
- Limited K State to 41 rushing yards!
- Hard for K State freshman Will Howard to deal with WVU Defense.
- Bad Matchup for KState...
- Tony Fields was everywhere, 15 Tackles...
- Leddie... 100+ yards... That is what we needed. He is 8th in the nation for rushing yards.
- Why Was K State ranked 16th...?
- WVU is back to "Also Receiving Votes" again.
- Offense... they were 5 for 5 in the red zone... and 9 of 18 for 3rd downs. They are ranked in the top 15 in red zone Offense.
- Evan Staley announced his injury has led to him having surgery and being done for the season.
Segment 1: WVU wins...37 - 10 over Kansas State
- Nick Troy Fortune with a big INT on the first K State drive.
- Brown with an 11 yd gain on his first attempt. Hopefully a good sign.
- Drive stalls (incomplete pass and a sack). Staley misses a long fg attempt.
- Second K State drive, commentator talks incessantly about how good the WVU defense is as K State drives play after play down the field. Bends but doesn’t break, fg. KSU, 3-0.
- Life from the receivers, flurry of K State penalties, WVU O can’t punch it in. Fg. Tied, 3-3.
- A GREAT INT by Mahone. Offense quickly fizzles. Punt.
- Big completion to BFW. Scoring pass to Jennings. Legg PAT for an injured Staley. WVU, 10-3.
- More life from the receiving corps. Leddie with a great run in from 9 yds out. WVU, 17-3.
- Big run from Sinkfield, Wright runs in a reception. WVU, 24-3.
- WVU defensive breakdown. 35 yd K State td pass. WVU, 24-10.
- Great 2nd Qtr! TDs on 3 consecutive drives.
- Solid opening drive stalls deep in K State territory. Legg converts a fg. WVU 27-10.
- K State receiver pulls a Lubbock, tipped into Tonkery’s hands, PICK SIX. WVU, 34-10.
- 2 sacks in a row by the WVU defense, K State punts. WVU in business again with around 5:00 to go 3rd qtr.
- Legg converts a 45 yard fg. WVU, 37-10.
- Cue Country Roads!
Neal Brown Postgame Press
- Coach Brown was happy with all 3 sides of the ball.
- 5-5 in the red zone... One of the best red zone teams in NCAA.
- Defense is great... Energy Great.
- Happy with only 3 Punts... Happy with Kolton and the punting with heels on the back of the end zone.
- "Getting Closer." The Team is having a higher level of buy in... starting to get into the system and plan.
- Was happy not to have to talk about drops...
- Said that the best thing he did all last week was stay off of social media. He said that the creative people don't want to hear that, but happy he didn't look at social media all week.
- He has been happy with the WRs. He said that there were issues last week, but they have been getting better.
We travel to Austin to play Texas on Nov 7th... Game at Noon on ABC.
Segment 2: Bluff the Fluffs
- Presidential related sports trivia!
Segment 3: Can’t Believe My ‘Eers!
URLs - Listen & Subscribe
Written with StackEdit.