WVU Football lets one get away in a loss to Texas Tech, we look forward to Kansas State, check-in on the #TrapezoidOfEvil, BTF featuring current season trivia, and Can’t Believe My ‘Eers!
On this week's Got Your Eers On?, WVU Football lets one get away in the 4th quarter as they lose to Texas Tech, we preview the Kansas State game that's up next, check-in on the rough week for the #TrapezoidOfEvil, BTF featuring current football season trivia, and Can’t Believe My ‘Eers! Join us for all this and more on this week's episode of Got Your Eers On?...!
- Deoge goes home to toss the ball on a windy west Texas day!
- If I said to you guys last year... Hey, next year we are going to rely on the running game. Would you have believed me!?!?
- WR can’t hold on to the few passes that Doege makes catchable! 3rd and 4th qtr were quite depressing. WVU never got any momentum. When they scored or looked good. Texas tech immediately answered!
- 16 drops for the year... 7 for the Texas Tech game.
- Tech went after the run game... to try and make WVU throw... 50 passing attempts by Doege vs Texas Tech.
Segment 1: WVU loses to Texas Tech 34 - 27
- Bad start. Dropped pass on first series (tell me if you’ve heard this one before) that would’ve been a sure first down.
- Tech drives largely off a single pass play. QB rush on 4th and goal scores the first td. Tech, 7-0.
- People catch passes! Trickeration to Laughlin (TE) to the 4. Leddie runs it in from there. Tied, 7-7.
- Doege doesn’t keep the read and gets Sinkfield smeared for a loss, then overthrows a wide open Wright on 4th. Tech ball.
- WVU D looking poor early. 48 yd td run. Pat blocked. Tech, 13-7.
- Doege couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn!!! Looks bad right now. Overthrowing everyone. WVU punts.
- Tony Fields tossed for targeting. I’d argue we’ve seen things 10 times worse not called as targeting, but not surprised.
- Columbi running a lot and WVU can’t figure it out!
- Dante with the Sack! And cramps up after celebrating (which sums things up so far).
- WVU plays with temp with 10mins in the 2nd.
- Holding call bring back nice check down pass to Brown for TD.
- 3rd and 6 and they call a hand off to Sinkfield. What?
- WVU settles for 3 with a. 41 yarder by Evan Staley (his longest of the year). Tech, 13-10.
- WVU thought they had a fumble. Tony fields (who has already been ejected) came out into the field. And get a penalty. What a mess!
- Sir Roderick Thompson Jr. leaves the game with a stinger...and a great name!!!
- Texas Tech gets a first on 4th and 12. And it leads to a red zone...passing TD. WVU continues to look awful against a bad offense playing a brand new QB (with ridiculous hair). Tech, 20-10.
- WVU O with the weirdest, slowest, barrage of tiny yardage plays to get into fg position. Staley converts. Tech, 20-13. Halftime. Thank God.
- Big, big fumble recovery. Doege connects with Wright to the 2. Doege hits Banks, the backup TE for a td. Tied, 20-20.
- Defense continues to look poor. Not much of an obstacle. Tech marches and scores. Tech, 27-20.
- WVU cannot get momentum in this game.
- Fake punt time! Fake punt keeps things moving. Doege to Wright into scoring position, Leddie runs it in from there. Tied, 27-27.
- Doege gotta make that pass!!! Come on! Over throws Leddie wide open!
- New punter every time. I mean how many kickers are on this team?!?!
- Tech scores with 8:44 left in the game and takes a lead. James fumble, Tech scoop and score. Tech, 34-27. (We essentially stop taking notes here as the sadness settles in...)
- WVU 4th qtr was Punt, Fumble, Punt, End.
- WVU loses... They can't pull it all together.
- 3rd down efficiency: WVU 4/16, Tech 8/16.
- Doege, 32/50, 347 yards, 1 td, 0 int.
Neal Brown Postgame Press
- Texas Tech... They won the 4th qtr... and we lost the game.
- Defensive was bad at first... and got better 2nd half
- Not Happy
- Called 29 runs... and got 91 yards...
- As a head coach... I don't have a clear understanding of a target penalty... it is a mess. Don't how to coach that play.
- Mad about the running on the field by Fields.
- Felt like the team looked tired.
- He is pressed about the WR drops... 16 drops for the year... 7 today.
K State Preview
- Kansas State beats Kansas over the weekend, 55 to 14.
- K State is undefeated in conference with wins over Kansas, Texas Tech, TCU, and Oklahoma.
- Their only loss is their non conference to Ark State of the Sun Belt.
- Watch out for Duece Vaughn this weekend. Not only can he run it, but he is also one of Will Howard's biggest targets so far this season.
- K State favored by 3.5... O/U is 50.5.
- Noon on Halloween Saturday on ESPN2 in Morgantown (we have yet to lose at home this season).
- WVU is 3-2 with a 2-2 in the conference.
- TrapezoidOfEvil went 0-4 this weekend.
Segment 2: Bluff the Fluffs
- Featuring current season trivia!
Segment 3: Can’t Believe My ‘Eers!
URLs - Listen & Subscribe
Written with StackEdit.