WVU basketball starts this week and we discuss the season tipoff with a former Mountaineer (!), BTF features special guest trivia, and we preview the upcoming football night game with Oklahoma!
On this week's Got Your Eers On?, WVU Basketball tips off this week and we welcome a former Mountaineer basketball special guest in to help us break down our expectations, BTF features some fun trivia about our special guest, and we preview the upcoming football night game in Morgantown with Oklahoma! Join us for all this and more on this week's episode of Got Your Eers On?...!
- WVU GYEO Hotline: 304-518-GYEO.
- We're now on Amazon Podcasts!
- New merch being added to the store all the time!
INTRO: Happy Thanksgiving!
- This year we decided we needed someone to come on and help us throughout the basketball season, so we're excited to announce former WVU Mountaineer #45 Brent Solheim!
Segment 1: WVU Basketball Preview
- WVU still heading to to play in the Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic. 2pm EST on Wednesday. vs Northern Iowa.
- Teams no longer participating: Duke, Ohio State, Creighton, Texas A&M, Ohio State...
- What happens if WVU doesn't win this "Classic"?
- WVU's Home/Season opener is also canceled vs Youngstown State due to YSU having Covid issues.
- Team Talk:
- We lose Logan Routt, Chase Harler, and Jermaine Haley to graduation, and Brandon Knapper to transfer.
- Haley led the team in FG% last year.
- We add: Jalen Bridges, Isaiah Contrell, Kedrian Johnson, Seny Ndiayne, and Taj Thweatt.
- Oscar lead the team last season with 348 points...does that continue?
- Sean McNeil had 29 3-pointers to lead the team last year...what does this year have to look like?
- Taz was just behind him with 28.
- Team free throw percentage was 64% last year, which was 333 out of 347 D1 teams.
- They were the #1 Off Rebounding team in the nation last year.
- Top 5 in Rebounding margin.
- Coming off a 21-10 season... with a rough Feb last year 2-6
- What is is like to have a lot of high expectation on the team?
- What are some other things that need to improve with the team?
- Ken Pom has us ranked 8th this coming into the season.
- 4th in the big12...
- Baylor, Kansas, and Texas Tech ahead of us.
- 5 of top 10 are Big12 teams... 50%
- AP Poll has WVU ranked 15th
- Oscar named to Naismith watch list.
- Jevon Carter is staying with the Suns.
Segment 2: Bluff the Fluffs
- Featuring trivia about our special guest!
Segment 3: WVU Football vs Oklahoma Preview
- We look ahead to a night game in Morgantown with the Oklahoma Sooners.
- Saturday night, 7:30, ABC.
- The over / under is 55.5.
- OU picked by 10.5 points.
- OU played Oklahoma State last Saturday, first ever Bedlam Nite game!
- Spencer Rattler... Spencer Rattler... Spencer Rattler... Got some swag! OU jumped out quick on the Cowboys and pretty much dominated from there, 41-13.
- Rhamondre Stevenson is a beast running the ball... He has only played 3 games this season.. but averages over 6yds a carry...
- OU is #8 passing Offense... and WVU #1 passing defense.
- Does 13 days off help or hurt WVU?
URLs - Listen & Subscribe
Written with StackEdit.