Brent Solheim joins to discuss the basketball loss to Gonzaga and win over the Hoyas, BTF quizzes us on Big East basketball trivia, we recap football's loss to Iowa State, and (re) prep for Oklahoma!
On this week's Got Your Eers On?, former WVU Basketball player Brent Solheim joins us once again to discuss the basketball loss to Gonzaga and the win over Georgetown, BTF features some trivia about the old Big East basketball conference, we look back on football's bad loss to Iowa state and (re) prep for the upcoming game with Oklahoma. Join us for all this and more on this week's episode of Got Your Eers On?...!
- WVU GYEO Hotline: 304-518-GYEO.
- We're now on Amazon Podcasts!
- New merch being added to the store all the time!
- WVU played in the Jimmy V classic... and it was an honor... I forget how awesome and moving Jim Valvano's story and speech was... awesome for Holly Rowe to be there... Donate to the V foundation V.org.
- WVU plays to the level of their opponents?
- Pullover Guy Shirt now available in the merch store.
Segment 1: Basketball
Gonzaga wins, 87-82
- Never bad to take a loss against the #1 team.
- GABE HAS A MASSIVE NIGHT! (after a few MASSIVE NIGHTS).
- Game MVP, Gabe O.
- 10pts... but again... everywhere on defense
- 3-3 at the foul line... and a 3pter!!
- Perfect for the game.
- Taz Sherman, 21 minutes off the bench, 12 points on 3-9 shooting (1-3 from three) and made all 5 of this free throw attempts. Big buckets late to keep WVU in it.
- Fouls a problem. DC and Oscar both with 4 with a lot of time left.
- McCabe... Why?
- Cannot help himself. Always follows a great play / move with a hot dog / bonehead play. So frustrating, and I think played himself right to the bench when we were in need of his ball handling late.
- 8 minutes of play, 2 turnovers, 1 foul, 2 points (free throws).
- Rough nite for McNeil. 1 for 9... 1 for 6 beyond the arch.
- Also, to quote Scoot, he had minor surgery and returned to play after he was called for a foul in which the guy who injured him flagrantly elbowed his face yet had no remorse or repercussion.
- Seemed to rush a lot of his shots.
- DC has 18pts with 15rebounds... but trouble at the foul line 6-11, and some seemingly defensive lapses late.
- Oscar has 14 pt and 9 rebounds. Him fouling out was a huge factor.
- Gonzaga killed us in transition... Huggs yelled "GET BACK" so much!
- 81% at the free throw line is good for WV (who had a 65% average last year).
- 29% for 3s was not so good... but only 17 attempts.
- Both teams looked bad beyond the arch.
- Suggs got hurt... ESPN wouldn't shut up about it. Dedicating split screen to him walking around the tunnel area of the arena during live play was obnoxious.
- Scooty and Jay Bilas are kindred spirits... Bilas just kept wanting to talk about players hair.
- Gonzaga is a really good team... it is a good loss!
- This was every bit a game with 4:00 minutes to go. Kind of lost the handle late, but overall great effort, and loved the physical play.
WVU beats Georgetown, 80-71
- One official is 900 years old.
- McBride lead with 17 points, 7 Reb, 7 A, and 4 Steals 2-3 beyond the arch.
- Culver looks big with 14pts and 9 Reb.
- Emmet has flashes of excellence with 13pts and some big plays.
- Oscar has 9 points and 6 Rebs... but doesn't look as strong as DC has been to start the season.
- Gabe's First quiet game in a while..20 min on the court... No points 2 reb and 1 assist.
- Bridges hit a nice 3pointer.
- Taz only shoots 1 3pointer and makes it... Scores 12 and continues a hot hand.
- Emmet Matthews with a big dunk in 2nd half.
Segment 2: Bluff the Fluffs
- Featuring old Big East basketball trivia!
Segment 3: Football
WVU vs Iowa State: Terrible Loss, 42-6
- BFW and Sam James out.
- First drive looks good. Going for it on 4th. And false start. Penalties here we go. We punt.
- Chase Allen has some hair for Iowa State. Scoot says looks like the girl from Brave.
- Iowa State might have the best O line we have seen this season.
- Iowa State passes for a TD, 7-0.
- Inside handoff. On 3rd and 11.
- Tony Fields has a nice flop on the side line.
- End of 1st. 7-0, Iowa State.
- Urgh. Offense looks terrible. Doege looks bad and makes mistakes. Legg misses FG by 2 miles.
- Ref looks like Deltlef Schremph.
- Defense and offense look rough.
- Iowa State completely shuts down Leddie Brown and the running game! I GUESS YOU COULD SAY WE PLAYED CRAPPY!! Forcing Doege to pass.
- Greene comes on and runs for 8 yards in a weird wild cat play.
- Dropped passes again. We are ranked 10th in drop passes. Is this Doege or WRs not catching or both?
- Kolar an amazing catch while Addae was locking him up. Play makes ESPN top 10. We look bad...
- I feel like there is 2 mins left in the game. But really 2 mins left in the 3rd Qtr. OMG!!!
- “Really weird how the ball came out of Doege's hand” Mike Golic.
- Iowa State is all seniors. We are a young team.
- Tyler Sumpter becomes the Field Goal Kicker... and makes 2 for the only 6 points we got!
Oklahoma Preview: Again
- OU beats Baylor 27-14 at home.
- Didn't look that good...
- Only 76 Rushing Yards.
- 193 Passing yards.
- Only 5 for 13 against a not so good Baylor team.
- The problem is our offense is suspect.
- How do we feel after a terrible Iowa state loss if we were to beat Oklahoma?
URLs - Listen & Subscribe
Written with StackEdit.