WVU Basketball loses a gut punch of a game to Texas and looks forward to TCU, we kick off season 2 of Bluff the Fluffs, and a new Can't Believe My 'Eers!
On this week's Got Your Eers On?, we recap WVU Basketball's gut punch of a loss to 4th ranked Texas, we kick off a new season of our Bluff the Fluffs trivia show, and Scoot brings us a new Can't Believe My 'Eers. Join us for all this and more on this week's episode of Got Your Eers On?...!
- WVU GYEO Hotline: 304-518-GYEO.
- We're now on Amazon Podcasts!
- New merch being added to the store all the time!
- Tough loss in Morgantown... Lets get into it...
- WVU is 9-4 (2-3 in Big12).
Segment 1: Basketball, WVU vs Texas, Loss, 72-70.
- Lob city early for Texas. First 11 points for Texas come in the paint.
- WVU shooting really well from beyond the arc early.
- 6-12 from three, Taz 3-5, McNeil 2-3.
- WVU leads Teas 40-36 at Halftime.
- Taz 13 points in the first half.
- Culver 8 points, 8 rebounds in the first half.
- Andrew Jones, Texas, 11 points, 3 threes in the first half.
- Some interesting officiating in the 2nd half so far, calls on touch fouls, but no calls on wrestling.
- Bridges struggling a little bit today on defense. Picks up 4th foul at the 9:44 mark.
- Texas ties it at 57 at the 8:28 mark after a really lazy McNeil pass, timeout WVU.
- Yes, officiating has gone to the absurd level. Bodies flying? No call. Slight bump? You're going to the line.
- Culver misses the front end of a 1-1 (crucial miss), Ramey for TX drives directly to the rim for a score, cuts the lead to 1 with 55.6 seconds remaining.
- Matthews with two huge rebounds, should've just brought it back out on the second, but luckily he's fouled. Matthews compounds his issue by missing both free throws. Texas responds with a 3, game over.
- Texas misses all but 1 3pt in the 2nd half.
- Texas ends on a 7-0 run...maddening...
- Huggins said it was a tough one to swallow.
- FG% in 2nd half 29%.
- Culver 14pt with 16 reb.
- Huggs was not happy with post play officiating.
- He says Seny is not ready. And the height hurts us on the glass.
- Said if wasn’t for Matthews we wouldn’t have been in the game.
- Huggs says “we had a couple who decided to take today off so they should be rested for Baylor”.
- “Depths kills us” Huggs. “couple guys stood around and did nothing”.
- Johnson has been sick with Flu since OKst so didn’t practice much this week.
- Cody Nesper for WVU sports now talk about the team coming to Matthews defense after the game.
- Derek Culver is currently leads Power 5 Conferences in Double Doubles with 7.
- Next game is on Tuesday at 9pm in Waco against the Baylor Bears.
- Baylor spanked TCU 67 to 49 on Saturday afternoon.
- Jared Butler is their star guard...averaging 16pts / game.
- MaCio Teague is averaging 15pts a game.
- Keys for us will be rebounding...they area smaller guard based team...their starting forward Jonathan Tchamwa Tchatchoua (from Camaroon) is 6'7" and averages around 8 rebs per game...
- Baylor makes shots... They are shooting 50% for games
Segment 2: Bluff the Fluffs
Segment 3: Can't Believe My 'Eers
URLs - Listen & Subscribe
Written with StackEdit.